25 Bookish Facts About Me
Hi guys and welcome to today’s post! I wanted to do something fun and share some of the more random bookish facts about me. I thought it would be a good way to help you get to know me. This is a book tag, however, I decided to take part having seen a few versions of the post online. I haven’t been tagged; I just liked the idea and decided I wanted to do it for myself!
So, here are 25 bookish facts about me that you may, or may not have known: –
1. I used to pretty much exclusively read fantasy when I was younger.
2. As a teenager, I couldn’t read more than one book at a time.
3. As a high school student I volunteered in my school library.
4. My favourite authors growing up were Jacqueline Wilson and Meg Cabot.
5. Non-fiction is my least frequently read genre (excluding those I don’t read at all!)
6. I’m not a big user or advocate of Netgalley, but thanks to blog tours and such I have a feedback ratio of 73%, which is just less than the recommended 80%.
7. My TBR is just over 200 books long – yikes!
8. The longest book I’ve read is IT by Stephen King. The edition I have is a whopping 1,396 pages and took me 2 weeks to read.
9. I don’t really have a preference in the e-reader/physical book debate. Both have their merits, and that’s why I like a healthy mix of both.
10. I have never read the Twilight series and frankly, from what I’ve heard I don’t think I ever will either. No hate, just not my thing okay?
11. Autumn is my favourite time of year to read. The nights are starting to draw in and it’s the perfect excuse to draw the curtains, lock the door and cosy in with a good book.
12. My favourite author of all time is George R. R. Martin.
13. I’ve only started listening to audiobooks in the last few years and they have really grown on me. I wasn’t sure if I’d take to them at first.
14. I have copies of all the A Song of Ice and Fire series (aka A Game of Thrones) published to date in all formats (physical, audio and e-reader).
15. I have never finished a book and rated it 1 star. If it’s that bad (in my opinion) I won’t finish it and don’t rate it.
16. I picked up my first Stephen King book (The Green Mile) only 3 and a half years ago. I haven’t looked back since!
17. I don’t borrow books from the library very often…
18. In the last four years (2017-2020) I have read 239 books.
19. My average rating on Goodreads is 4.32 stars out of 5.
20. I have never been to a book convention or literary festival.
21. Starting my blog is the reason I read as much as I do. Without it, my interest would probably have waned.
22. Book blogging is like a full-time job, but it’s a fun one!
23. I have a general rule that I will only buy and keep physical copies of books that I’m sure I’m going to read again. Otherwise, I’ll buy it on kindle or I’ll take them to a charity shop when I’m finished with it.
24. I hate cracking the spine of a paperback, so I always try to stretch it before I start reading to minimise the risk of damage.
25. Reading is my way of escaping reality. I spend more time reading than any other hobby.
I would like to say that this was quite an easy post, but actually trying to come up with all these facts was more challenging than I anticipated!
What bookish facts do you have to share?
One thought on “25 Bookish Facts About Me”